But she makes my dad so happy. It will bus 300 miles to Stevens Point from the previous game in Normal, Ill., and then bus 350 miles to South Bend, Ind., for the next. Catcher Stacey Nuveman said, I can only imagine what its going to be like for Coach.. He was the head coach of the United States women's national softball team in 2004, when Team USA won a gold medal, and in 2008, bringing home silver. But hes still as competitive as ever.. Fans stood and cheered in the moments after Arizona was eliminated by Florida State on Saturday, knowing what the moment likely meant. When I arrived in 1985, I wanted to build a culture of excellence and compete consistently at the highest levels of Division 1 softball. Not the other way around. UA softball head coach Mike Candrea (left) and UA golf head coach Todd McCorkle were both vying for national championships in 2000. [11][12], The following lists Candrea's record as a head coach at the NCAA level. Arizona softball coach Mike Candrea meets coach Clint Myers at the fence in Auburn, Ala., in 2016. Nearly four years ago, without warning or symptoms, 49-year-old Sue Candrea collapsed at the airport from a brain aneurysm, just feet from members of the United States Olympic softball team that her husband coached. Head coach Mike Candrea gets his players to smile during warm-ups at the University of Arizona Wildcats softball practice at Hillenbrand Stadium in 2017. But ultimately, Finch said only one thing matters: She makes coach so happy.. It was horrible.. UA head coach Mike Candrea isn't happy with his team in the top of the third inning against Oklahoma in the 2011 NCAA Super Regional at Hillenbrand Stadium. [13], National champion From 1988-94 he was a photographer at the Tucson Citizen. 4 models Granite Gear Air Bags Number 1-Number 6 As Low As $12.95. .