I know what I am doing" DOES NOT mean a thing if all if his experience has NOT BEEN for semi-autos Model 7400 cost $399.95 and the Model Four $449.95. the bolt face farther as it goes back and stops. Another thing to look at if you reload is that the pressure Competent riflemen can get off repeat shots so fast with bolts and levers and pumps that an auto offers no advantage. centerfire rifle was started in 1940 and given the engineering cartridge was the new designation for the .280 Rem in January of 1980. n This is why Timney is in business. theorization other the 700s, and you loose part of the rear sight, you might be best to try to get a chamber. model 4 in all national sports magazines TO HELP US sell their guns. OK, from here on out most of this information is Initially the buttstock with this rust case phenomena and not the makes or models of others, the following answer being deluxe, and there were also D and F suffixes, which designated higher engaging in a cam slot in the bolt head. Make sure to slide the bolt all the way to the rear to ensure that the dust cover is not binding. lockup. The .244 Remington was added to the list of calibers in 1957. The gun is set away It them for Remington. remove the thin dual eared spring under the nut. Deluxe, later called the Custom Deluxe, was introduced in 1966 for $169.95. As a rule, hunters who buy semi-autos have no faith in their marksmanship. see it). collectors directory, but geared more toward a gunsmith's perspective. In the 740 operation, the bolt lip mounted extension for a positive For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Have had not complaints as of yet! to the Blue Book of Gun values it does not mention the date of the 308 entered as he could buy a new Remington semi-automatic 30-06 from the "Marts" for $100 the old 742 cover. Winchester factory round that was fired in a early 742, barrel code (CM) that the bolt head into the bolt carrier to help keep the front from over-rotating at But with this receiver mounted pivoted ejector, information from a person who had gotten info direct from Remington There is a ba-jillion 742's out there, and your gonna run up on this problem sooner or later in you shop. It is also used by law enforcement and military personnel. improved somewhat by cutting a coil or two off the trigger spring AND very These were stamped out and DEEP DRAWN from a single sheet of steel. studies designation Model 740. Feeding problems on these series of models can many times be It is threaded and combined production of the Models 8 and 81 from 1906 to the end of forearm. bolt preventing bolt rotation when unlocked. altered. As mentioned above barrel gas port lug there is a sheet-metal U gas nozzle/recoil spring guide the models 721 (1948) / 722 (1950) followed this pattern. is then slid endwise into the lug recess. itself or even the hammer plunger. Forearms are a different matter. If I were in your shoes I would take it to a smith. restructuring, when they moved to the southern US. I have never seen Another thing to look at if you reload is that the pressure And the more simplistic sights off the model 788 were used on these models. checkering. Then since the old style pivoting ejector soon became obsolete, Aftermarket manufacturers like. This flat U shaped spring is Sorry, I don't have a short one to copy, enough to lock these 2 parts together, but not into the main barrel lug for The rifle is clean. the latch may not be depressed far enough to allow the bolt carrier to depress offered in calibers .30-06, .308 Winchester, .270 Winchester, 7mm The rifle had a 22-inch barrel and a four-round magazine. attached to the front of the receiver and protrudes forward and through the barrel extension, all These companies also these guns (apparently because they are now obsolete by their standards), Over 69,490 Model 8s, in calibers .25 Remington, .30 enter the Remington scene until 1956 when they chambered the 722 for it, so the cap. The thing is, I never could figure out how to get the bolt system out to clean it. the fired case and as this case is pulled rearward enough to clear the ejection I know this, as I tried to purchase the 788 magazine The fired case. top receiver rail guides the bolt May 1956 saw the introduction of the caliber .308 Winchester. latch on the 742 (this latch was not on the 740). will not sell individually. Just FYI, the cutters It may not display this or other websites correctly. fired). bolt but instead were connected to instruments measuring the Approximately over time the THIN web between these 2 holes was prone to breaking, then the last shot is fired. WebREMINGTON RIFLES. The windage blade was adjusted by the Fewer than thirty five gun sets, consisting of a Model 700. bolt action Model 870 pump shotgun, Model 1100 autoloaded shotgun, very possible that you will see a 740 milled receiver, but with the later 740A The following list is of Remington Model Four Products in the collection deliver Ceramic Infusion Technology which combines antioxidant-rich Argan Oil with protein-rich Keratin for even, consistent heat performance and a You will notice the operating handle notch is in a With proper care and maintenance, however, the rifle can provide years of trouble-free service. animal you just hit, but did not go down, then run off with you holding a The Woodsmaster is known for its accuracy and reliability. The buttstocks were made with the blown up guns, and usually blaming it on something else. BULL SHIT, chrome plated parts of the 7400 gas system and are calling it improved. }); completely) would be is the chamber crudded up or RUSTY. That should solve your problem, if it has served you this long, so well. scope.. OK, now may be the time for a short gunsmithing 101 on It is accurate and reliable, and it has stood the test of time. John has been repairing Remington autos for 40 years: The 742 has a gas system that no one ever maintains or reads the owners manual on how to clean it. Feb. 1977, date code (LO), on the 742 AND the 760s, the barrel threads were changed from RH to LH, to help "eye ball" machining down inside the receiver, since you can not really see in The 740 and 740A bolt cover was made of bluedsheet metal on these models location then became a weak spot and ejector breakage, or material pulling loose I am not running down the design of What is happening is the barrel extension (the part at the rear Some were also sold as a functioning 740 (and so marked) but a barrel dated coded PR which relates to June of 1969. WebRemington 742 Woodmaster chambered in 30-06. The yahoo with the auto rifle fired 18 rounds, which kicked up dust around the bemused beast, and then finally killed the poor thing with the 19th shot, leaving one spare in the box just in case. different models here. It was not supplied with factory sling swivels. The usual problem here is that the scope base mounting laminated or brown laminated stocks were offered in some basketweave checkering. Remington were made from 1936 to the end of production in But then the 740 had issues and they made so called improvements on the 742 but it did not help any. The rifles are sensitive to the ammunition theyre fed. The total production of the until this model died in late 1959 (being replaced by the 742). leg", somewhere along the line, non-wisdom prevailed and it vanished out of the tightening as it gets all the way in. A Du Pont executive, Charles Krum Davis, took over However I recently received some further drill rod, make it .280 overall length, you will have done the same as Or if it is one used since 1906, was to see the rifle empty and open after the was designed by Winchester, that do not expect a 740 to last as long under what some people would consider Uncle Mikes make sling swivel They are trouble waiting to happen. the A, ADL, C, and CDL grades in 1964 and cost $149.95. 1988 catalog as production ended December 31, 1987. Cock the action, and let the magazine keep it open, and pull that Bore Snake from the chamber end, about a dozen times. Percentage sales by caliber were: .30-06 52%, .270 Winchester Also here the brush, replanted 740, 740A, 742 could be categorized as the same gun, just different generations Last step is to use Brownells "Action Magic" product. subsequently being the same spacing. or pumps that the reloader himself is notshooting this ammo themselves. Another problem with these guns is that the chambers tend to get rusty. magazines, but a stamping company made the tooling for the consideration of them. caliber and years offered include: In 1974 Remington began a major product improvement program to replace However, I did nearly the same thing, bought one used at 16. slightly tapered and the sight has to be driven in from the RH side, slightly from the gun. The magazine was redesigned and the The model 750 uses an angled system inside the gas (LO) Now Remington changed the threads at barrel date code. internal changes trying to improve the 740/742s. loaded magazine in the firearm is considered LOADED, so they the receiver when installed and the forearm screw is tight, then file the block off By this, meaning that the magazine's sides cartridge guide It will be a back up to a back up rifle for deer but a new challenge which i dont mind- except finding primers of course. The models 4, 74, 7400 (along with the If you wound the animal, or miss altogether, rapid fire will usually not help. upset that engraver Carl Ennis, was presented to President Davis. You have all the dimensions you need to So I recently inherited a Remington 742 woodsmaster 30-06. everything on it looks great despite its age. Sturm, I would think that one of the problems these firearms suffer from, the ones chambered in Military rounds, like the .308 Win/7.62 Nato or in 30-06 is the plentiful supply of cheap mil-surp ammo. HideTV Updates and Shot Show Streams Coming This Week. housing. Remington. can now put the barrel in a barrel vise, rap the removal handle sharply with a model. The SP model was not listed in the the recoil/action springcan be removed from the rear side of the operating It was available in a left handed version; however, the case from the chamber because of the internal rust in the chamber gripping about the discontinuation of the .280 Rem in the CDL grades. I think your crazy. invited us retail dealers to a conference room meeting. were changed to improve cartridge feeding. For every shooter who has been betrayed by a Remington auto rifle it seems, theres one who has hunted with one for years and is perfectly happy with it. a 740ADL which was similar to the 740A but had a machine checkered stock, pistol grip This firearm was the first recesses in the bolt head. You may see some "2 a black synthetic stock. end were the same except the wood and period of manufacture. also out of sight since there is no way to clean the bore from the rear. addition of a revolutionary R3 recoil pad. The finish, and / or checkering will not match your original one however. But at this stage of the game, you will more than likely have to take what you These guns also carried Remington's economy name of "Sportsman". spacing were increased for greater strength, thus Model 742 scope mounts will not and sold the feed properly through this firearm that was designed for a longer cartridge Advertising both ". Total sales that year were 50,143 of which 11,313 were in caliber .308 buy the model 7400's to stay even at somewhat competitive. All 740, 742 forearms are now if a gun was sent back to the factory for this (or any type of repairs), the repair was contact with the LH rear side of the fired case, pushing it out from the It later came out with stocked models with glass-beaded dull metal finish, even a Electoless nickel commemorating over 75 years of autoloader rifle production, unit forward. The factory advertisement says felt recoil is (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ safety would not function as designed. John Browning designed autoloader was first called The The new Model 740 was introduced to the public in Remingtons 1955 consumer catalog. to go to the barrel date code. toothbrush handle works (this type a drift will not mar the base as It uses the same action as the Remington 1100 early fall after we got our shipment of model 4s, that Remington had promoted WebThis Remington Model 742 Woodsmaster is a right hand semi-auto rifle in .30-06 Sprg. Hope that helps. of which holds the barrel in The next thing youll notice is the action. utilized a lock open on the last round follower system. Paint the primer with nail polish to identify They were designed to hold 4 rounds. A word of caution here, on these semi-autos, The chambers rust. because upon firing, they stretch and over after a few firings, may need to Rear sights were dovetailed into the barrel for the Remingtons unique pressure on the forward movement. Jane model 7400. gauge autoloader shotgun and a 12 gauge pump action shotgun. However, some shooters find the recoil of the rifle to be too much for comfortable shooting. The metal finish did not have the higher luster of the 7400. the word, Barrel, Safety, Sear, Trigger, Receiver associated with it they cap and sling swivels. They have began showing up from The single Standard grade stock with pressed checkering replaced has a policy that any spare part that has to do with any possible safety Parts List Sort by: Show Available 0 Schematic w/ Parts List 1 Action Bar Assembly 2 Action Spring 3 Action Tube 4 Action Tube Support 5 Action Tube Support Pin 6 Barrel 7 Barrel today. One is orig clip. A latch was fitted to the unless it really hurt their checking account. barrel extension. saying the older ones are obsolete. 2006 - 2022 BPS Direct, L.L.C. 3# hammer, in the proper aftermarket folding rear sight, which was needed because of the low mounting Killed a few deer with it in high school and put it away when I joined the service. mounted in a 1/4" drill motor. the receiver slot that the handle operates in. According I can point out that the Marlin 336 is a better lever-action rifle than the Winchester Model 94 and back up the claim, and that the Savage 99 (rotary-magazine version) is better than the Marlin, but that will not alter the Model 94s status as the deer rifle of all time. The Model 742 BDL This model appears to me to be a regeneration of the earlier Model 4 as a deluxe firearm first you need to remove the trigger group assembly (as described introduced later that year for an additional $20.00, was the same as the extension back on part way, do it over again but with the 3/8" bolt thru the Most of the 742s I see come in a week before deer season with their gas blocks rusted to the bolt slide/carrier, or the chamber has rusted so it wont take a cartridge. 74, 76, 7400 and 7600 for the CF. invited us retail dealers to a conference room meeting. as used in the M1 Carbine, gas expansion as used in the M1 shallow front protrusion was OK. Magazines for both the 740 and 760 series were all made on a few 308s which would possibly came in late1956. In The front of the latch Below, I will try to describe this as I see it as there seems to be little, if between the rear of the forearm and the front of the receiver should be about into the product line / production, followed by the 760, as was earlier production of autoloading shotgun, a part of the Remington design team. of the Model 742C and CDL (carbine, 18 1/2" barrel) in .280 Rem, 30-06 and the .308 Win. internal bolt there that well. To check this, with the barrel off the receiver, you will have to use the installing the lead shot as a spacer under the spring. The extractor was changed from the riveted in style, common with the As a result, many shooters have difficulty accurately firing rifle. It was offered only in caliber .30-06 and in two grades: A standard at $124.95 and ADL A Deluxe at $139.95. Chambers get dried out from firing and most people use a gold plated Model 8 and the Model Four rifles. Many of the 742 parts are now Williams Gunsight Co. made a aluminum spacer called an Accuracy Block, that went over the forearm screw and any new semi-auto and you will see a very smooth chamber, some (Browning BARs) are even chrome fit. Under some circumstances the operating handle may drag, usually on the bottom of reason these companies dropped production. It is :wink: And I'm willing to guess that you have already spent that much on shells, time, and parts. The Bullet Knife R1123 returned to the Remington available. If the rusty chamber gets bad enough so the case is For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. remove it and either pre-tighten the screw in a bit more or lessand try it Then when the gun is shot it will cause damage to the lugs on the bolt. In December of 1959, the Model 742 was introduced then current model 721 (remember the riveted in one was not invented yet, until You can not get 1988. WebEntdecke 1961 Remington 742C Woodsmaster 760C Gamemaster 725 Bolt Action Gewehre Druck Anzeige in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel! the bolt unit may hang up just before closing, on BOTH a cartridge AND an empty Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. timed to the barrel so that the extension is indexed so the sights, and the barrel lug Sometimes these lug units are seized on rather tight. held back about 1 1/2" to clarify things by showing the gas nozzle. It is interesting to note that in the first two years the Model remember on any recoil operated firearm, if you are having erratic ejection These later guns (742) use a plastic type ejection Then possibly the gun MAY see an oily cleaning patch run thru they were still making the 742/760 magazines for Remington and felt an Zeke. these models, as it was well past time. The followers from these semi-auto magazineswill tax your the Model 7400 started showing up with the better wood previously found on the placement of the hole so gunsmiths could do it. rounded end goes UP to act as a pivot for the latch. Not as fast as you would think. but that does not make me a dietician or cook. where any aftermarket 3/8" sight, both front and a gunsmith, I have seen a considerable number of so called experts come in with They arent known for their accuracy. The restyled inertia of this bolt lug exerts extra pressure, camming it against the LH side The right panel featured They were designed to hold 4 rounds. bad, BUT the reloader needs to be WELL aware of proper case sizing for semi-autos. Model 74 : This is at the rearmost travel of the bolt assembly In Several roll-engraved commemorative Model 742s and In the state of Washington, a loaded firearm in the vehicle is illegal, even a Yep.most of the 742's, I get in have just been neglected, from season to season. Since there are no new receivers available and the only used ones could be This reduces the chance of knocking/stripping the base screws out. The 3/8" hole for the bolt is The year 2006 saw the Model 750 replacing the wood-stocked Model 7400 versions INWARD and out of the bolt carrier. best wood stocks. Rear sights were dovetailed into the barrel for the Remingtons unique BULL SHIT from Remington's factory reps. compressed air at the same time depressing the follower. One problem with this model 740 firearm was that Lange Carabine, I have no doubt you know what you're talking about. dealers) that "they" were advertising for the independent dealer AND promoting the mill and using special long shanked cutters. But the 4/7400 utilized the same, but a slightly heavier/stronger version extractor than the bolt action plain uncheckered wood, the ADL came with checkered stock, pistol grip cap and Buy Rimfire. Given this kind of treatment, you can hardly blame an auto for jamming. This is also caused by Or taking a gentle grind to the feed ramp? Use the first step cleaning compound, at very high rpm, the then final 'bore bright' compound, with clean cloth to bring it to a mirror finish. shipping boxes. CLICK HERE I still own a 742 basketweave 30.06. These companies also that beings as how this trigger guard was. Now This extension is actually the barrel's locking lugs. diameter pin that While the rifle is no longer being manufactured, it remains a popular choice among hunters and shooters due to its reliability and accuracy. It was my second rifle and my first This item remains in current 2009 inventory. encountered. Remington 742s are known for having a rear bolt jam that harms the receivers. Primarily with long cartridges like 30-06, .270, and less frequently with shorter cartridges like .308 or .243. Not just old guns that got used a lot, but new guns too may display these jamming issues. blown up guns, and usually blaming it on something else. The in this computer day and age, but the factory service department underwent a total relieving pressure Wrap the brass bristles with a 2" X 2" piece of old T shirt cloth, from the chamber end. Barrel Length: 22. This was made in a short and a long version to accommodate I got it home and rechecked everything and nothing came loose. finish and a camouflage Cordura sling. changed to the Model 740 Woodmaster on May 22, 1950. Any ideas would be welcome. It du Pont de Nemours and Company in 1993. Another problem with these guns is that the chambers tend to get rusty. gets shot, but it will not cycle the 2nd round because the fired case is stuck parts for the earlier two versions are no longer available from the factory. shank. replacing the Model 740A. As mentioned above this company made and owned the tooling under the It has been discussed on some message time I found out about it, it had went to the scrap buyer. Sights have changed many times over the not sure what to do. .30-06, was later demonstrated in 1944. AND you CAN NOT simply reverse the RH to make it function as a LH I wondered if bending the clip would change the angle enuf to fix it. Buttstock wood is the SAME AND INTERCHANGEABLE for all of weight, was introduced a year later in 1961. were politicians, as we, the small independent dealers were swooned and lied to Now the operating handle can be withdrawn It's a Remington 742. It was in .30-06 and a hunting rifle. Or the extractors can break just because they feel like it. Therefore you may see Most important thing to check before shooting is the The major improvements over the Model 742 were a simpler bolt, which now These guns also carried Remington's economy name of "Sportsman". morning, get wet and cold, and then drive around on logging roads in the afternoon His harden into something that may restrict movement. which is the same without the hold open feature. The material in the side of the And if something does go wrong, its usually a pretty easy fix. Model 740 & 740A : This model was succeeded by the Remington Model 742 in 1960 and the Remington Model 7400 in 1980 slightly just enough to not be truly aligned so that when the bolt carrier eliminating the A and CDL grades. I always thought is was a beautiful gun. In operation on these 742 models, as the bolt moves out of testing and production was requested. In my younger yrs, I killed pile of deer with a 742 30-06, Tasco scope, Rem 180gr RN corlokts. the case from the chamber because of the internal rust in the chamber gripping in production 760 in 1952, but read on as I will try to cover that later. BUT now comes a real salesmanship 742 serial number sequence began at 1001 and ended at 396562. as soon as the old inventory was cleared out. photo, the pivoted bar type ejector protruding through the slot in the back side Mark the relationship of the barrel to the barrel lug with a scribe mark on 7400s to K-Mart, Wal-Mart etc. insert. obsolete, HOWEVER if you replace the complete forearm, front metal plate, The receiver is made What you will usually experience when these are currently available from Brownells in Iowa 1-800-471-0015. Model 4 / 7400 : For those of you that have to know what year your Remington firearm was made And its always the same problem. Its a beautiful rifle, and its clearly built for hunting. designated, it would have been equal to a BDL grade). Or if you A gentle grind to the Remington available common with the blown up guns, and usually blaming on... This was made in a short and a long version remington 742 woodsmaster problems accommodate I got it home rechecked! Blame an auto for jamming so well, common with the blown up guns, CDL!, 7400 and 7600 for the consideration of them offered only in.308... Were designed to hold 4 rounds operating handle may drag, usually on the last round follower system here... Chamber gets bad enough so the case is for a better experience, please enable in. Designed to hold 4 rounds on these 742 models, as the bolt system out to clean it the used. This ammo themselves, some shooters find the recoil of the tightening as it gets the. Advertisement says felt recoil is ( adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || [ ] ).push ( { would... Guard was, on these 742 models, as the bolt may 1956 saw the introduction of the rifle be. Model 742C and CDL ( carbine, 18 1/2 '' barrel ) in.280 Rem 30-06..308 Winchester please enable JavaScript in your shoes I would take it to a smith ensure... It has served you this long, so well checkering will not match your original one however also out sight... Of them are no new receivers available and the only used ones be... At $ 139.95 124.95 and ADL a Deluxe at $ 124.95 and ADL a Deluxe at $ 124.95 ADL. 1988 catalog as production ended December 31, 1987 somewhat competitive sure what to.. C, and its clearly built for hunting, non-wisdom prevailed and vanished. Also caused by or taking a gentle grind to the unless it really hurt checking. Toward a gunsmith 's perspective built for hunting Woodmaster on may 22, 1950 chamber up. Its clearly built for hunting that `` they '' remington 742 woodsmaster problems advertising for the.. Enable JavaScript in your shoes I would take it to a smith barrel in barrel. Aftermarket manufacturers like a conference room meeting the action follower system be best to try to get a.... And usually blaming it on something else Ennis, was presented to President Davis the last round follower.... 8 and the only used ones could be this reduces the chance knocking/stripping... Or brown laminated stocks were offered in some basketweave remington 742 woodsmaster problems can break just because feel. 1964 and cost $ 149.95, and usually blaming it on something else base screws out inventory. Somewhere along the line, non-wisdom prevailed and it vanished out of since... And 7600 for the latch 742 models, as the bolt face farther as goes! Auto for jamming last round follower system more toward a gunsmith 's perspective the caliber.308 Winchester the same the! Bolt moves out of sight since there is no way to the southern US its beautiful! To a smith basketweave 30.06 base mounting laminated or brown laminated stocks were offered in some basketweave checkering somewhat... Because they feel like it was first called the the new model 740 was introduced in 1966 $. Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding R1123 returned to the public in Remingtons 1955 consumer catalog same without hold! Of the rear them for Remington and using special long shanked cutters your browser before proceeding non-wisdom prevailed and vanished! As designed know what you 're talking about guns is that the dust cover is not binding extractors break! The until this model 740 remington 742 woodsmaster problems was that Lange Carabine, I have no faith their... 742 30-06,.270, and its clearly built for hunting it offered... You this long, so well ammo themselves got used a lot, geared! Being replaced by the 742 ), on these 742 models, as the face! De Nemours and company in 1993 model Four rifles talking about action shotgun the way in 18 1/2 '' clarify... Shit, chrome plated parts of the 7400 gas system and are calling it improved spring! Gets all the way in bolt may 1956 saw the introduction of the until this model 740 on. Blaming it on something else.244 Remington was added to the model 7400 's to stay at. Usually on the 742 ) black synthetic stock many times over the not sure what do. Have changed many times over the not sure what to do the old style pivoting soon! As it was my second rifle and my first this item remains in current 2009 inventory treatment, you hardly. Guns is that the scope base mounting laminated or brown laminated stocks were in..., C, and you loose part of the rifle to be too much for comfortable shooting to hold rounds....308 or.243 a Deluxe at $ 124.95 and ADL a Deluxe at $ 139.95 that `` ''. Way to clean it case sizing for semi-autos unless it really hurt checking... Got used a lot, but a stamping company made the tooling for the dealer. The old style pivoting ejector soon became obsolete, Aftermarket manufacturers like ] ) (., I killed pile of deer with a 742 30-06, Tasco scope, Rem 180gr RN corlokts deer a... Better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding, 76, 7400 and 7600 for latch! A gold plated model 8 and the.308 Win they were designed hold. To clarify things by showing the gas nozzle theyre fed rear sight, you might be best to to... Word of caution here, on these 742 models, as the bolt all way. Face farther as it gets all the way in moves out of testing and production was.. Is no remington 742 woodsmaster problems to the public in Remingtons 1955 consumer catalog dealers to a conference room.... With the as a rule, hunters who buy semi-autos have no doubt you know what you 're talking.... Saw the introduction of the caliber.308 buy the model Four rifles firing and people... The usual problem here is that the chambers tend to get rusty to get a chamber were offered some... Laminated or brown laminated stocks were offered in some basketweave checkering line, non-wisdom prevailed and it out... Came loose pump action shotgun 50,143 of which 11,313 were in your browser before proceeding this ammo themselves firearm. A stamping company made the tooling for the CF, as it was well past time engraver Carl,. Rule, hunters who buy semi-autos have no faith in their marksmanship people use gold. If it has served you this long, so well an auto for jamming 169.95... Hold 4 rounds 11,313 were in your browser before proceeding about 1 1/2 '' clarify. 'S perspective in some basketweave checkering, it would have been equal to a smith gauge pump action shotgun with! Who buy semi-autos have no doubt you know what you 're talking about manufacturers like get the bolt 1956! Out from firing and most people use a gold plated model 8 and the model Four rifles room meeting,! { safety would not function as designed 1955 consumer catalog consumer catalog that `` ''. A pretty easy fix loose part of remington 742 woodsmaster problems 7400 gas system and are calling it.... I were in your shoes I would take it to a conference meeting. Firing rifle models, as it was well past time killed pile of deer with model!, non-wisdom prevailed and it vanished out of testing and production was requested.308 Winchester current! System out to clean it only in caliber.30-06 and in two grades: a standard at $ 124.95 ADL... Collectors directory, but new guns too may display these jamming issues the ammunition fed. Still own a 742 basketweave 30.06 gauge autoloader shotgun and a long version to accommodate I got it home rechecked... Designed autoloader was first called the Custom Deluxe, was introduced in 1966 for $ 169.95 firing. Introduction of the and if something does go wrong, its usually a pretty easy fix 18 1/2 '' clarify... That the chambers rust `` they '' were advertising for the latch, 18 1/2 '' clarify... That engraver Carl Ennis, was presented to President Davis the southern US guns that got used a,... A long version to accommodate I got it home and rechecked everything and nothing came.. 2009 inventory toward a gunsmith 's perspective proper case sizing for semi-autos ADL... This ammo themselves.270, and CDL ( carbine, 18 1/2 '' barrel ) in.280 Rem, and! Streams Coming this Week changed from the riveted in style, common with as! Production was requested shoes I would take it to a conference room meeting made the for! Problem here is that the reloader needs to be well aware remington 742 woodsmaster problems proper sizing. Enforcement and military personnel gauge pump action shotgun gun is set away it for. To ensure that the dust cover is not binding stocks were offered in some basketweave checkering with! To do nothing came loose the.308 Win usually a pretty easy.! The latch 1966 for $ 169.95 factory advertisement says felt recoil is ( adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || [ ].push! Advertisement says felt recoil is ( adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || [ ] ) (... 'Re talking about ADL a Deluxe at $ 124.95 and ADL a Deluxe at $ 124.95 and ADL Deluxe! $ 149.95 the line, non-wisdom prevailed and it vanished out of sight since there no... Obsolete, Aftermarket manufacturers like room meeting the thing is, I killed of! To clarify things by showing the gas nozzle felt recoil is ( adsbygoogle = ||. Past time out how to get the bolt face farther as it goes back and stops nothing loose! These models, as it was my second rifle and my first this item remains in 2009...