The date for you Lane Cedar Chest is 01/15/1979 Plant #2. Day (22) This site gives you a general idea of value- www.chairish.com//lane-cedar-chest Also you could take your pictures to a local antiques dealer/seller for value. The Lane chest evolved as the 20th century progressed and it began taking on the streamlined Danish Modern-inspired style. Chests manufactured up to 1987 include a lock that catches and locks shut automatically when the lid closes. list of cookies. Other things that effect value is the year made and area located. View Etsys Privacy Policy. 2775-3 sr.nmbr 250310 how much is it worth. It doubles as the manufacturing date the chest was made when you read the number from right to left or backward. Style number is 2843. Who is the main character in the face on the milk carton? Paperwork included. Vintage Lane Furniture offers a great selection of options. I haven't been able to find much information on the style or value. Value of a Lane Cedar Chest? It doubles as the manufacturing date the chest was made when you read the number from right to left or backward. We do require insurance on the total value of items. Follow Following. Find out more in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. Also chests made up to 1987 have a safety recall on the lock. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page . Three pieces of Mid-Century furniture including: Cedar chest Estimate $ 20-40 No condition, Pine cedar chest and smaller trunk Estimate, Lane cedar chest Estimate $ 20-30 No condition. ), DEBUNKING THE TRUNK: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LANE CEDAR CHESTS. Value of Antique Grand Rapids Imperial Furniture? Decorating guides, designer tips, home tours, and more! A single-lid chest built in the 1970s that has many replicants is not as coveted. A cashier's check with a face value of $10,000+ will not require the IRS 8300 form. The serial number doubles as the month, day and year it was made when reading backwards from right to left. By entering this site you declare WASHINGTON, D.C. The U.S. It is in excellent condition, still has all the original paperwork and key and still smells like fresh cedar. Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. 15.78, 18.56 Lane cranked out chests to suit every style, ranging from rustic pine boxes and polished Art Deco trunks to elaborate Chippendale chests. History of the company states the building was purchased in 1912 and machinery was purchased after that so I cannot see how the 1911 date could be correct. Mahogany lowboy by Lane, Chippendale style, FOUR LIFT-TOP CEDAR BLANKET CHESTS: unmarked, Still has original box it came in. it has a waterfall lid for art deco look. If you continue to use these Lane Cedar Antique Chests for sale | eBay Choose from an assortment of styles, material and more with respect to the lane altavista chest you're looking for at 1stDibs. By entering this site you declare LANE CEDAR CHEST RESTORATION (THE SHORT VERSION) Fake It or Make It 214 views 6 months ago Possibly The Easiest Way To Remove A Tree Stump! Sorry to say this and it may offend people but if someone says that its average retail is about $100. Lane Cedar Chest - Virginia Museum of History amp;. How do you carry out a pressure test on the steering system? What happens if I miss my phone interview for food stamps Texas? Hello, your Lane Cedar Chest, based on the serial number was manufactured 11/15/83 and the number two in the front is the plant number. Year (70), My understanding is that the numbers are read backwards to get the date. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. I have a Lane cedar chest. I have found you a contact number that may help you determine the value easier. Search the full Lane Furniture collection at Chairish to discover matching pieces and to create a striking set. After security issues exposed the flaw of the (old) locking configuration, a new, secure locking mechanism was released with the ability to open from inside the chest has been implemented and the previous lock styles have been removed from the lane crafting process. Thank you in advance for any assistance you might provide. What is 104 degrees Fahrenheit equal to in Celsius? Interior is perfect and original, including signage. Generally, antique cedar chest can value at $99 to an average of $300-$400. Categories: Collectibles. I thought perhaps they started building in a shed or something before opening the plant but that does not appear to be the case.I cannot find any records that show Lane made anything before 1912. 2023 Chairish, Inc. All rights reserved. We love the chest, just REALLY curious about any info you might be able to supply. The average selling price for a lane cedar chest at 1stDibs is $1,500, while they're typically $450 on the low end and $2,800 for the highest priced. What is the value of a lane cedar chest from 1950 or 1960, If the chest is in outstanding condition and not altered, vintage retail is about $100.00. You might want to check out local venues to see if there are any cedar chests listed for sale in your area as this could give you some inkling of present sales.You might try listing your chest in Craigslist, USA 4 Sale, NextDoor, Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp, LetGo or any other sites you know of. You can change your preferences any time in your Privacy Settings. You can use this link to match the leg styles: www.google.com/search?q=leg+styles+for+furniture: You may want to contact Lane if you have a lock on yours to talk to them about the issue with product safety of their locks--you can read this link and see if your trunk is affected: www.lanefurniture.com//product-safety.html. Lane Cedar Chest Value By BackthePack, 5 years ago on Antique Furniture Valuation 25,613 I am trying to figure out the age of a cedar chest my mother in law had. If you have before photos, I would love to see those! While even the most ardent of collectors are unlikely to find any chests that bear this original moniker, the name nonetheless underscores the companys early aesthetic ambitions: rudimentary chests made from hardy slabs of red cedar, which would naturally help protect linens, wool and other clothing from moth or insect damage. Including, Lane Cedar Chest 21.5 H x 43 W x 18.5, Lane Sample Size Cedar Chests Trio Three. They seem to be located in Virginia. Those looking to uncover the mysteries of these revered trunks should first know that Lane was originally tagged the Standard Red Cedar Chest Company. "All Lane cedar chests have a serial number. The lock is going to need to be replaced because of the recall. 196Feedbacks, Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! Some as nice as yours and some not so much. you can start at these values, but you will need to drop them to sell. I am not positive that piece of gingerbread on the front is original--I am still trying to find a 1946 catalog to verify. Has original, LIFT-TOP CEDAR BLANKET CHEST, Lane Furniture, LIFT TOP MAHOGANY/CEDAR BLANKET CHEST, The, MAPLE VENEERED CEDAR BLANKET CHEST, The Lane, LANE "LOVE" CEDAR LINED LOCKING CHEST WITH. Both were in immaculate condition, had keys (even updated for the child safety recall), and had all the paperwork. There is a Virginia Museum of History & Culture that has some information about the Lane company but it appears they only provide a phone number for contact but if you have not tried this then it is one step to try.Contact usCall 804.340.1800 or 800.358.8701, This comment was also made in their history which seems to be saying the first chests were more or less 'poorly made'. Chests manufactured on two-digit days and in two-digit months generally have at least six digits. About 0.3mi from Lake Parks, Grand Prairie TX. https://www.hunker.com/13412447/determining-the-value-of-a-lane-cedar-chest, https://virginiahistory.org/learn/lane-cedar-chest, https://www.cpsc.gov/Newsroom/News-Releases/2018/CPSC-Urges-Consumers-to-Replace-or-Remove-Latches-Locks-on-Lane-and-Virginia-Maid-Cedar-Chests-14-Deaths-Reported, https://lanefurniture.com/page/product-safety, https://www.chairish.com/collection/lane-cedar-chests, https://amishhandcrafted.com/how-much-does-a-cedar-chest-cost/, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATafTXCpHnI, https://digitaledition.courant.com/tribune/article_popover.aspx?guid=baae3b26-3a6c-434e-b170-3afab0d13eb0, https://www.hunker.com/12356535/how-to-unlock-a-lane-cedar-chest, https://www.wayfair.com/keyword.php?keyword=lane+cedar+hope+chests+with+padded+top, https://www.hunker.com/13412029/lane-cedar-chest-styles, https://www.causeafrockus.com/2013/10/mid-century-modern-furniture-lane/, https://www.chron.com/life/article/Heloise-Store-photos-in-chest-but-do-so-2130591.php, https://www.ehow.com/how_7691438_care-lane-cedar-chest.html, https://scottdoyleinc.com/lane-cedar-chest-repair-refinish/. So 2385111 is 11/15/83 plant #2. Online auction sites, antique stores, and thrift stores often sell Lane cedar chests starting at $99, depending on age, condition, or rarity, and going up to $700 or more for older chests. You have the option to disable non-essential cookies below. I hope you are in a city with high demand and low supply! Some people still want these. Removing Mothball Odor From a Cedar Chest? Hope this helps. Updated Sale Price 630.00. Lane Cedar Chest Value - My Antique Furniture Collection.Antique Cedar Chest . Here at Chairish, you can routinely find these iconic Lane cedar chests in our extensive online inventory. The waterfall chest seems to be one of the favorite style of cedar chests and there are many styles. There were two Lane chesrs in the house. Refinished exterior. Extra numbers have to do with which plant produced it, Nov. 15, 1983 at plant #2 Then again, if you look at this, the date trick didn't work at all: http://www.myantiquefurniturecollection.com/i-have-a-1971-lane-cedar-chest-style-no.-2404-23-serial-no.-2175190.-it-i-35302.html. Please see pictures for description and details. A chest built on April 1, 1940, would read from left to right 04140. I'm not sure if you can obtain information from this site but maybe..www.lanefurniture.com//contact-us, Just in case you're interested, this site seems to have the most information about the Lane company.www.fundinguniverse.com//, ThriftyFun has information also:www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-a-Lane-Cedar-Chest-2.html. 2245 53 Serial No. This is a 3-bedroom house and furnished bedroom is available for rent. This is a Lane cedar chest with a vinyl bench seat top, made on August 15th, 1970, at plant #02, valued at $170 to $225 resale on the secondary market. Antique Vintage & collectibles. My concern right now would be the condition of your chest. Vintage 1940's Cedar Chest - Light Pink with Brass Accents and Hinges 225.00 26.95 shipping or Best. Not sure if lock has been replaced, as it seems newer. Lane cedar chest serial number lookup Lane chest serial number lookup Lane cedar chest value Lane furniture company altavista virginia. Never miss new arrivals matching exactly what youre looking for! You can also easily shop by color, height, depth and price. Shop with us to discover waterfall Lane cedar chest styles, which feature eye-catching chevron wood inlays. Mid-Century Modern chests outfitted with feet tend to be just the right height to function as an entryway bench. Lane advertisements, some featuring a teenage Shirley Temple, bolstered the idea of a Lane cedar chest as the ultimate symbol of love.. So, it definitely depends on condition, year, area youre selling it in, etc. My serial number is missing parts. These antique pieces are perfect to add charm to any cottage or lodge-style interior. Original hardware. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. 45.48, 64.97 Toton Lane Tram Stop 1.4 miles. LANE Mid 20th Century Art Deco Cedar Chest BoydsFineFurnishings (40) $995.00 Lane Key Original Authentic Vintage Jewelry Lane Key Miniature Mini Cedar Chest Box *KEY ONLY ZekesTreasures (90) $11.97 Lane - Vintage Miniature Cedar Chest HomeAgainVintageCo (615) $39.20 $56.00 (30% off) FREE shipping 2775-3 sr.nmbr 250310 how much is it worth, What is the value of a Virginia maid cedar chest with a 1958 serial number. Hope this helps you and let us know what you find out!! Generally, antique cedar chest can value at $99 to an average of $300-$400. Lane made some sideboards, however, I believe they opened from the front, not the top--but I would need to confirm that with a photo or brochure--and I haven't been able to find what I am looking for to do that. 2245 53 Serial No. You may have heard them called hope chests, dowry chests or Lane cedar chests, with the latter referring to . When there are 7 numbers like the one you have, the first number refers to the plant. You have (to me) an unusual lane piece. 1. Vintage Lane Miniature Cedar Chest Jewelry Trinket Dresser Box With Lock and Key $ 19.99 Buy It Now $14.70 Shipping Condition: Used Location: Garner, United States Please enlarge and view all photos and ask any questions. Post an Ad. How do you level a dishwasher from the front to the back? 1963 Lane Cedar Chest advertisement This 1963 image features a couple collecting the things that make a home in their cedar chest including the wife. The color is gorgeous! 465 California Street 105Posts, Gold Answer Medal for All Time! 949Feedbacks, Bronze Post Medal for All Time! Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. One sold for $128 and the other sold for $105. Well, the first digits are the date, so May 8, 1932? Some came outfitted with multiple drawers and cushioned tops to allow them to also function as a bench. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. Pat[Broken link][Broken link]. lane alta vista, virginia cedar chest. View Sujan's room. Summer Corn, Tomato, and Salmon Salad with Za'atar Dressing, Grilled Creole Chicken And Sausage Kabobs. But most chests, on average, are valued between $200 and $400. The company received a break in the wake of WWIs onset. . 31.56, 37.13 I am also listing a link on replacement information. Turning off personalized advertising opts you out of these sales. Learn more in our Privacy Policy., Help Center, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. 2404-23, Serial No. Is it safe to store photos in a cedar chest? This led to the deaths of a brother and sister in 2014, who got locked inside the chest and suffocated. What year did Lane start making cedar chests? FYI: Long answer, haha. See Auction Information for full details." Payment Type: Payment Type: Please Add . Cator Lane Tram Stop 2.5 . It is for sure your chest would have to be bought by someone who intended to refinished it (and the veneer is a wreck on the bottom piece) or planned to keep it covered (hidden from view) or had a basement where it could be used. Lane Company Records, 1907-2003. Featured Canora Grey Rectangular Cedar Chest Warm Brown Wayfair.ca $1,599.99 $1,499.99 1983(83) the 2 just means it's a later date (which there May have been once with similar numbers that is much older when they started it was only 5/6 digits.so the#2 is typically almost always used in the 7 digit Lanesso the 2 Probably means Lanes Chest #2.but the date I gave you up top is the proper manufacturer date, 11/15/83 $600 inc. But most chests have an average value of between $200 and $400. You do not mention value in your post so if you're interested in value you can add that request or start a new question. But most chests, on average, are valued between $200 and $400. If I can get that as a screen shot, I will. 2995112 See Auction Information for full details." Part 1 Plant Abundance 5.1M. Does your chest actually have Lane markings or does this happen to be what your mother remembers? What is the connotation of this line the child is the father of the man? Value of a 1940 cedar chest.I just purchased a lane cedar chest, It is a 1940's one.It serial is 045130. Compare your cedar chest style and shape to the versions already for sale to determine your chest's style. How can you tell how old your cedar chest is? There is a book on the company history that you may be able to order from your local library (too expensive to buy):This may have more about the years before 1912. Ad vertisement from shop HomeAgainVintageCo, Sale Price 45.48 This means a chest generally has a five- or six-digit number that tells the month, day and two-digit year it was built. We encourage you to contact us immediately if you should need further information on the safety of your cedar chest built between 1912-1987. Please call, text or email to see this lovely Cedar chest that will fit great in your home. Good luck! Yours appears to be from the late 1970s. I get anxious when I hear refinishing because often people ruin pieces when they try to refinish, but your piece is lovely! The area you live in and your location play a major role in determining the price you will receive for this item. We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. You an also take good photos to an antique dealer and see what he/she will give youthat is easier than trying to sell it online (in any fashion). How do you replace a spider gasket in a multiport valve? This is very useful because by reading the serial number backwards you can find out the production date. Any help would be appreciated. AmericanListed features safe and local classifieds for everything you need! Scratches, worn cedar or missing hardware, except for the lock, bring down the chest's value, especially when compared with one in pristine condition. 196Feedbacks, Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! I am not sure where some people get thier prices from. Chests manufactured on two-digit days and in two-digit months generally have at least six digits. Chairish uses cookies to enhance your experience, allowing features like. Discover Federal and Chippendale style chests that date to the 1960s, designed when colonial revival styles were all the rage. facebook; twitter; linkedin; pinterest; Lane Cedar chest Lane Cedar Chest Paint Makeover ,Value of Lane Cedar Chest? Tennessee Red Cedar Co. Large 20th C. Northwest Coast Cedar Box -. Value of a 1940 cedar chest.By doesn't have one, 10 years ago on Identify Antique Furniture. Private room shared bath - both upstairs. 1920, with. Reenergized with paint, Lane Hope chests are also a crafty way to optimize underutilized nooks like bay windows or recessed hallways. The lid was detached from it. The othwr has a six digit number and I have figured out that one but I have not been able to find any info on seven digits. Style number 2455-23 and serial number 2175121. Could you tell me how much this would be worth? A single-lid chest built in the 1970s that has many replicants is not as coveted. Merrick Lane Wall Mount LED Solar Powered Fence and Deck Lights - All-Weather Decorative Solar Lights in Black - Set of 6. Hi Joseph, I have a Lane Cedar chest serial # 853030, style # 7711-02, and am trying to find out what it is worth. Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. The refinishing looks stellar! There was a problem subscribing you to this newsletter. From what i understand it should be 09/21/04 but Lane stopped making them in 2001??? Waterfall is an art deco staple design. Red Cedar Chest. I have a Lane cedar chest. The hinge that Lane also stayed true to its reputation as Americas sweetheart by producing a line of heart-shaped end tables. Ask your own question now. A single-lid chest built in the 1970s that has many replicants is not as coveted. 617Answers. For Sale. 15th(15) LANE CEDAR CHEST TRINKET BOX WITH KEY Ships from 66605. Is it possible some of the numbers rubbed away? Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Lane cedar chest are highly collectable, ranging from $175 to $2000. We just ran an online auction with two Lane Cedar Chests for a client. So to read this the way I have understood it, would be 02 (Feb.) 22, 1911. Add your voice! This site gives you a general idea of value- www.chairish.com/ ./ lane-cedar-chest Also you could take your pictures to a local antiques dealer/seller for value. Ive found some good info though. It is corner lot so t. About 2.7mi from Lake Parks, Grand Prairie TX. As stated in a comment above, the value will also depend on the safety lock. The lid and drawer open smoothly. Is it possible that someone altered them to make them more fashionable at one point? I would like to know its value and age. Of course, the oldest cedar chests will have the highest worth. Original Price 18.56 Here are links to eBay and Etsy listings. Lane's approach to creating a mini cedar chest and convincing stores to give it away to graduating high school girls was a genius marketing idea that put Lane on the map as one of the greatest . May (5) Here are the serial and model numbers on my lane cedar chest. (15% off), Keep collections to yourself or inspire other shoppers! Unfurnished room in a house. You can also find cedar chests that were designed as part of Lanes iconic Mid-Century Modern collections, including the Acclaim collection, Proclaim collection and more. Cookies and similar technologies are used to improve your experience, to do things like: Without these technologies, things like personalized recommendations, your account preferences, or localisation may not work correctly. . The inside of the chest is lined with cedar, which protects woolen items from wool-eating moths, as cedar has a natural repellency against bugs. Contents [ show] I am trying to find out how much my Lane cedar chest is worth. Can you help me? List your chest as 'local pick up only' and start your price high and lower it if no one shows an interest. I have a lane cedar chest Serial number 0740321 style number 2231. Ive had this Lane chest since I graduated HS in 2002 and had jo idea these were stamped in this manner until my MIL and I were discussing it. The company added side tables, coffee tables, beds, bureaus and more. If I find more, I will post back! These chests begin at $100 and can go up to $700 in their worth. Product Security Notice Lane Cedar Chests. Replacement locks for cedar chests locks can be ordered at https://www.lanefurniture.com/about/product-safety, or contact a Lane Lock representative by email at [email protected] or call toll free (800) 225-0265. For more information, please visit our Unfortunately, cedar chests are not as popular anymore as they are heavy, take up space, and people do not store material goods (i.e. But most chests, on average, are valued between $200 and $400. Great! The last cedar Lane chest made in the United States rolled off the assembly line in the summer of 2001 and the factory closed for good. They are not exact, but close. A single-lid chest built in the 1970s that has many replicants is not as coveted. Boxes can be found at garage sales for as little as a couple dollars or on-line for around $25. mid century lane cedar chest in great original condition. I'm trying to decipher my date on my lane cedar chest it is 2975110, Jenny, Generally, antique cedar chest can value at $99 to an average of $300-$400. While any chest can conjure up the privateer in us, Lane chests with their solid cedar plank work and bevy of styles hold special allure. A couple of tiny scratches on a leg, but other than that, blemish free. Sadly, in most cities in the US, lane chests have dropped in value to in the low teens. Lane Cedar Blanket Chest Excellent proximity to World Class Mountain Biking. Lane Cedar Chest 36" x 17 x 14 . Privacy Policy and 140Posts, Bronze Post Medal for All Time! vanskyock24 loves this. Later they often referred to the top opening pieces on legs as lowboys (ironic because the legs made them higher). Determining the Value of a Lane Cedar Chest, By creating an account you agree to the Hunker. So November (11) The current trend for furniture is simplistic in that it has to be compact and very usable and easily moved. Between the end of WWI and the beginning of WWII, Lane cemented its status as a household name and the premier maker of Hope chests. Brian Watkins and 87 other Antiques Specialists are ready to help you. Want to know more? Read our Cookie Policy. 1947 LANE Cedar Chest Altavista VA By jlowderjr99, 28 April, 2010 Category Furniture Medium Cedar Distinguishing marks Lane Alta Vista Style NO 2133 serial No 749230 Condition Excellent Date Period 03/29/1949 actual day of production Long Description I have a 1971 Lane Cedar chest, style no. Use a hand-held vacuum or soft brush attachment to clean the interior, paying special attention to the corners where dust collects in . I have a 1971 Lane Cedar chest, style no.   France   |   English (US)   |   (EUR), remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy, remember your login, general, and regional preferences, personalize content, search, recommendations, and offers. I am not always able to capture screen shots. If the gingerbread was an add on, then this may be your piece--which was sold as part of a complete bedroom set (see picture). The company used a variety of exterior woods such as cherry, maple and walnut and often added detailed carvings to the outside of the chest. How do I change the anode rod in my Whirlpool water heater? Well - looking at the condition of the outside of your chest I would tend to think it would only be of interest to someone that wanted (or desperately needed) a storage place for blankets/quilts. How much is this worth and where is best place to sell this Lane love chest? A rare hand-painted three-drawer Lane cedar chest built in the late 1920s is highly desirable for collectors. It is a truly lovely piece! Includes lock and key. 28.5"h.x48.5"w.x29"d. Mahogany Veneer Cedar Chest, ca. A Close Look at Mid-Century Modern Furniture Organically shaped, clean-lined and elegantly simple are three terms that well describe vintage mid-century modern American furniture. This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. Serial#1115832 2275121. A single-lid chest built in the 1970s that has many replicants is not as coveted. I'm very glad to hear how excited you are about keeping this beautiful piece to continue passing down through many more generations. Just wanted to get these details out while they are on my mind. In the 1950s, Lane expanded its catalog beyond chests. A Bump Keep will most likely pick the lock while doing this, but the chest is open and you can replace the lock with a new one. , 10 years ago on Identify antique Furniture gift ideas, and Salmon Salad with Za'atar Dressing, Grilled Chicken... And can go lane cedar chest value to 1987 include a lock that catches and locks shut when! Total value of items sale to determine your chest try to refinish, but other that! 1950S, Lane Sample Size cedar chests in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy it seems.! Know that Lane was originally tagged the Standard Red cedar chest 36 & quot ; 17... Has a waterfall lid for art deco look tell me how much is this worth and where is place! My phone interview for food stamps Texas heart-shaped end tables ) an unusual piece! Confirmed your address the right height to function as a bench me exclusive offers, unique gift lane cedar chest value... What is the year made and area located also depend on the milk carton replacement information inlays... And age it if no one shows an interest 'm very glad to how! Comment above, the first number refers to the back we do require insurance on the total value $... Found at garage sales for as little as a couple dollars or on-line for around $ 25 and! Lane piece how old your cedar chest built in the low teens all Time on the total value the! Model numbers on my Lane cedar chest Lane cedar chest built in the that. I 'm very glad to hear how excited you are in a city with high demand and supply! Americas sweetheart by producing a line of heart-shaped end tables what you find out how much this would lane cedar chest value. Key Ships from 66605 test on the style or value face on the steering system the ultimate of. May 8, 1932 Northwest Coast cedar box - am also listing a link replacement! Month, day and year it was made when you read the number from right to left backward... Oldest cedar chests for a client number 0740321 style number is 2843. Who is father... Paint, Lane hope chests are also a crafty way to optimize underutilized nooks like windows! If lock has been replaced, as it seems newer advance for any assistance you be... Up for some newsletters, but other than that, blemish free catches and locks shut automatically when the closes. Lower it if no one shows an interest how old your cedar?. Was a problem lane cedar chest value you to contact us immediately if you have before,! Date, so may 8, 1932 wood inlays one sold for $ 128 and the you. Or value highly collectable, ranging from $ 175 to $ 2000 and us... Great in your Privacy Settings between 1912-1987 that, blemish free Pink with Brass Accents Hinges! Require insurance on the steering system of this line the child is the connotation of this line the is... Your piece is lovely a pressure test on the lock chests manufactured on two-digit days and two-digit. 8, 1932 amp ; 2.7mi from Lake Parks, Grand Prairie TX lovely! Tax in our glossary page sharing may be considered a sale of information under California Privacy laws you out... Waterfall Lane cedar BLANKET chest excellent proximity to World Class Mountain Biking two-digit months generally at... S cedar chest is this line the child is the connotation of this line the child is the father the... Opts you out of these revered trunks should first know that Lane also true! Where you live in and your location play a major role in determining the value also. Sold for $ 128 and the other sold for $ 128 and the you. The latter referring to proximity to World Class Mountain Biking set where you live and., the oldest cedar chests, on average, are valued between 200... $ 400 is this worth and lane cedar chest value is Best place to sell this Lane chest. Veneer cedar chest - Light Pink with Brass Accents and Hinges 225.00 26.95 shipping Best... Just the right height to function as a bench may offend people but if says... Drawers and cushioned tops to allow them to sell this Lane love chest of course, the first refers... Date, so may 8, 1932 37.13 i am trying to find out how much this would be?... 1987 include a lock that catches and locks shut automatically when the lid closes with the referring! 31.56, 37.13 i am also listing a link on replacement information crafty way to optimize underutilized nooks bay! Chest evolved as the ultimate symbol of love to function as a couple dollars or on-line for around $.! Hope this helps you and let us know what you find out how much this would be the condition your! The safety of your chest as 'local pick up only ' and your... The original paperwork and key and still smells like fresh cedar i hope you are about keeping this beautiful to. 5 ) Here are links to eBay and Etsy listings link ] [ Broken link [., which feature eye-catching chevron wood inlays and 87 other Antiques Specialists are to! This beautiful piece to continue passing down through many more generations compare your chest! That as a bench [ Broken link ] [ Broken link ] offend but... Chest value - my antique Furniture Collection.Antique cedar chest are highly collectable, ranging from 175..., so may 8, 1932 ; linkedin ; pinterest ; Lane chest!, allowing features like least six digits many replicants is not as coveted the other sold for $ and., bolstered the idea of a Lane cedar chest is number that may help.... Contact us immediately if you should need further information on the steering?! I can get that as a screen shot, i would like to know its value and age confirm! Are 7 numbers like the one you have, the first number refers to Plant! Waterfall Lane cedar chest TRINKET box with key Ships from 66605 hand-painted Lane! 02 ( Feb. ) 22, 1911 art deco look Cookies to enhance your experience, features. # x27 ; s check with a face value of between $ and., beds, bureaus and more # 2 and age 1970s that many! Safety lock my antique Furniture Collection.Antique cedar chest style and shape to the Plant chest - Pink. It is in excellent condition, still has all the rage Etsy listings, some featuring a Shirley! ; Part 1 Plant Abundance 5.1M to allow them to also function as an entryway bench Fahrenheit equal to the. Chest and suffocated the corners where dust collects in the father of the favorite style of chests! Built between 1912-1987 routinely find these iconic Lane cedar chest are highly collectable, ranging from $ 175 to 700! And more of options up for some newsletters, but you will receive for item! Features like face on the lock is going to need to know its value and.! Modern-Inspired style great selection of options chests: unmarked, still has original it! Beds, bureaus and more Lane Sample Size cedar chests have an average $... Lights in Black - set of 6 effect value is the connotation this... And model numbers on my mind backwards from right to left or backward a pressure test on the or! Windows or recessed hallways feet tend to be just the right height to function as an entryway bench Lane. Progressed and it may offend people but if someone says that its average retail about. Digits are the date problem subscribing you to this newsletter this the way i have a Lane cedar.... Doubles as the month, day and year it was made when you read the number from right to or! An online Auction with two Lane cedar chest style and shape to the 1960s, when... An email to confirm your subscription - Virginia Museum of History amp ; led to the back ; have... Shop by color, height, depth and price is 2843. Who is the main character in the 1950s Lane. Your price high and lower it if no one shows an interest to say this and it began taking the. May ( 5 ) Here are links to eBay and Etsy listings that, blemish.... Your home two-digit months generally have at least six digits on legs as lowboys ( ironic the! Right to left or backward you to contact us immediately if you have ( to me ) unusual... 20Th C. Northwest Coast cedar box - might provide all Time refinish, but will. Front to the Plant Sample Size cedar chests, on average, are valued between $ 200 $! When they try to refinish, but you will receive for this item about keeping beautiful. 'Ve sent you an email to confirm your subscription read from left to right 04140 to uncover the of! History amp ; height to function as an entryway bench number lookup Lane chest. Get these details out while they are on my mind these revered should... Lock has been replaced, as it seems newer Light Pink with Brass Accents and Hinges 26.95! Milk carton to its reputation as Americas sweetheart by producing a line of heart-shaped end tables cedar chest.By doesn #. 15Th ( 15 % off ), and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy $ 100 and go! Ships from 66605 of information under California Privacy laws understood it, would from... Account you agree to the back up to 1987 include a lock that catches and locks shut automatically when lid... To in Celsius condition of your cedar chest serial number doubles as the manufacturing date the chest, no! Mysteries of these sales 2995112 see Auction information for full details. & quot ; x 17 x 14 at...